The 2017 SPSSI Conference will be held at Hotel Albuquerque.
800 Rio Grande Blvd., NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at Hotel Albuquerque at the discounted rate of $119 and $99 for graduate students. The cutoff date for booking at the group rate is May 24th or when the room block fills up. Click here to book your room at the group rate and if you’re a graduate student, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know if my submission has been accepted?
Typically, decisions will be emailed by early March. The number of submissions vary year to year so we appreciate your patience.
Is travel assistance is available?
We are proud to offer various travel grants. Learn more by visiting our travel grants page.
When is registration open?
Registration typically opens in early March. Members will be notified via e-mail and registration links will be posted on this page.
Is a single-day registration available?
Yes. These rates will be available soon.
Can I bring a guest to my session?
We will have guest passes available at the registration desk. They are valid for 1 session and must be returned after.
2016 Summer Conference
June 24-26, 2016
“Giving psychology away: Sharing research through teaching, interdisciplinary collaboration, and public engagement” -- This year’s theme will emphasize ways in which we can make the results of psychological research available to a wide range of audiences. The conference will offer a forum for the exchange of research findings, scholarly and pedagogical ideas, and social action. SPSSI members are well-positioned to share our work in ways that can help make meaningful changes in areas of national and global concern, such as climate change and the future of the planet, racism and intergroup relations, growing income inequality, health and health care, and education. Please join us in Minneapolis for the stimulating and collegial atmosphere for which SPSSI conferences are known and appreciated.
June 24-26, 2016, at the Commons Hotel on the campus of the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Information about registration and about how to submit proposals for symposia, papers, and posters will be available soon.
The Commons Hotel, Minneapolis
View conference program
Past SPSSI Conferences:
- 2015: A Road Less Traveled: Forging Links Between Psychological Science and Social Policy
- 2014: Social Action and Change: Opportunities, Resistance, Inertia, and Mobilization
- 2012: Changing Societies: Learning From & For Research, Social Action & Policy
- 2010: From Individuals to Nation States: What Motivates, Sustains...
- 2008: Disparities Across the Globe: Place, Race, Class, Ethnicity & Gender
- 2006: Social Justice: Research, Action, and Policy
- 2004: From Desegregation to Diversity
- 2002: Understanding and Addressing Disparities: International Approaches
- 2000: Social issues for the 21st Century: Setting the Agenda
We are also proud to join with the European Association for Social Psychology (EASP) to co-sponsor small joint meetings on selected topics.