Help us promote JSI, ASAP, and SIPR. New flyer here.
Why join SPSSI?
SPSSI members are a diverse and international group of psychologists, allied scientists, students, and others who share a common interest in research and action related to the psychological aspects of important social issues. Strategically positioned as an NGO member of the UN and joined by leading academics across the globe, SPSSI has the expertise and the reach to advocate for improvements in health, science, conservation, education, human rights, and the myriad of other challenges we face today.
Membership in SPSSI offers many benefits, including:
- Free electronic or print subscription to SPSSI's flagship journal, the Journal of Social Issues (JSI)
- Free electronic subscription to the electronic journal, Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy (ASAP)
- Free electronic or print subscription to SPSSI's journal, Social Issues and Policy Review (SIPR)
- Subscription to SPSSI newsletters
- Discounts on SPSSI conference registration
- Voting privileges for SPSSI's annual elections
- 25% discount on SPSSI books and other books published by Wiley
- Eligibility to apply for grants, fellowships, and awards
- Access to our membership directory
SPSSI Membership categories include:
- Member (sliding scale dues: $40, $50, $75 or $100 per year),
- Student Member ($25 per year for graduate and undergraduate students),
- Sustaining Member (one-time, lifetime dues $1500),
- Lifetime Member (age 65 and over AND SPSSI member for 20 years or more, no further dues billing)
International Members may be eligible for reduced-rate dues. For more information, please contact SPSSI Central Office at 202-675-6956 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SPSSI accepts online payments via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and PayPal. Complete the following online forms to:
Become a Member of SPSSI
Renew Your Membership in SPSSI
[You must be logged in for renewal to work]
Update Your Member Profile
Make Donations to SPSSI
Offer Gift Memberships in SPSSI to Students and Colleagues
If you prefer to pay by check, you may print out the appropriate forms and send a check for payment to SPSSI, 208 I ("Eye") Street, NE, Washington DC 20002-4340. Checks must be made payable to SPSSI and be in US dollars. We cannot accept international checks.
Printable Membership Form
Questions about membership? Call 202-675-6956 or contact our Administrative Coordinator, Brad Sickels.