The SPSSI / EASP Partnership
Each year, SPSSI partners with the European Association for Social Psychology (EASP) to sponsor a scholarly conference, held alternately in a European and a North American venue.
- The 2015 conference is organized by Colette van Laar and Toni Schmader on "Times are a-Changing but Men's Roles are Slow to Change: Developing a Research Agenda on the Underrepresentation of Men in Communal Roles." This Conference will be held in November, 2015 in Leuven, Belgium.
- The 2014 conference was organized by Susan Fiske and Miguel Moyaon on "The Great Recession and Social Class Divides". This conference was held in September 2014 in Princeton, NJ, USA.
- The 2012 conference was organized by Todd Pittinsky, Birte Siem and Stefan Sturmer on "Proactive Behaviour across Group Boundaries: Seeking and Maintaining Positive Interactions with Outgroup Members". This conference was held in November 2012 in Stony Brook, USA.
- The 2011 conference was organized by Travis Proulx and Kees van de Bos on "Meaning and Existential Psychology". This conference was held in Tilburg, the Netherlands in November, 2011.
- The 2010 conference was organized by Michelle Fine, Susan Opotow, Xenia Chryssochoou and Dario Spini, on "Forgotten Alternatives: Denaturalizing Injustice and Exclusion". This conference was held in New York in March 2010.
- The 2009 conference on "Uncertainty and Extremism"was organized by Michael Hogg, Kees van den Bos and Arie Kruglanski, and held at Claremont Graduate University in California in November 2009.
- The 2008 joint SPSSI/EAESP conference was held in Marburg, Germany. The conference theme was "Intergroup Contact: Recent Advancements in Basic and Applied Research".
- The 2007 Conference was held in Toronto.
SPSSI and EASP invite proposals for future conferences.