SPSSI-SASP Small Group Conference Series
SPSSI and SASP (Society of Australasian Social Psychologists) plan to hold the first small group conference in 2014 in either the Eastern Pacific (anywhere in the United States or Canada) or Western Pacific (anywhere in Australia, New Zealand or another East Asian location) and to hold the 2015 meeting in the alternative location.
Those interested in submitting a proposal for a 2015 meeting have the option of planning the small group meeting as a pre-conference event prior to the SASP Annual Meeting in Newcastle, NSW, Australia, but this is not required.
Upcoming Deadlines for Letters of Interest/Initial Proposals:TBA
Conference Proposal Guidelines:
In most cases:
- This program will support one meeting a year.
- Conference themes will be related to social issues and have international relevance (i.e., not focused on intra-national issues).
- At least 80% of persons attending the conference will be members of one or both organizations
- Representation from the two societies will be balanced: with no more than two-thirds of the participants being members of one of the organizations.
- Each conference will have two (or more) organizers; at least one will be a member of SPSSI and one a member of SASP. Preferably one organizer will be located in Australasia and the other in North America.
- Conference organizers are encouraged to facilitate publication of material on the conference topic through the Journal of Social Issues or SPSSI's book series.
Those interested in submitting a proposal are strongly encouraged to send a short email with an Expression of Interest to David Livert firstname.lastname@example.org and Stefania Paolini email@example.com so that we can answer any questions and provide assistance in developing your proposal.