June 24-26, 2016
What: “Giving psychology away: Sharing research through teaching, interdisciplinary collaboration, and public engagement” -- This year’s theme will emphasize ways in which we can make the results of psychological research available to a wide range of audiences. The conference will offer a forum for the exchange of research findings, scholarly and pedagogical ideas, and social action. SPSSI members are well-positioned to share our work in ways that can help make meaningful changes in areas of national and global concern, such as climate change and the future of the planet, racism and intergroup relations, growing income inequality, health and health care, and education. Please join us in Minneapolis for the stimulating and collegial atmosphere for which SPSSI conferences are known and appreciated.
When: June 24-26, 2016, at the Commons Hotel on the campus of the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Information about registration and about how to submit proposals for symposia, papers, and posters will be available soon.
**Hotel reservations are NOT included in the cost of registration
The Commons Hotel, Minneapolis
Regular SPSSI Rate
View conference program
Past SPSSI Conferences:
- 2015: A Road Less Traveled: Forging Links Between Psychological Science and Social Policy
- 2014: Social Action and Change: Opportunities, Resistance, Inertia, and Mobilization
- 2012: Changing Societies: Learning From & For Research, Social Action & Policy
- 2010: From Individuals to Nation States: What Motivates, Sustains...
- 2008: Disparities Across the Globe: Place, Race, Class, Ethnicity & Gender
- 2006: Social Justice: Research, Action, and Policy
- 2004: From Desegregation to Diversity
- 2002: Understanding and Addressing Disparities: International Approaches
- 2000: Social issues for the 21st Century: Setting the Agenda
We are also proud to join with the European Association for Social Psychology (EASP) to co-sponsor small joint meetings on selected topics.