Why join SPSSI?
SPSSI members are a diverse and international group of psychologists, allied scientists, students, and others who share a common interest in research and action related to the psychological aspects of important social issues. SPSSI welcomes and encourages international membership. Strategically positioned as an NGO member of the UN and joined by leading academics across the globe, SPSSI has the expertise and the reach to advocate for improvements in health, science, conservation, education, human rights, and the myriad of other challenges we face today.
Membership in SPSSI offers many benefits, including:
- Free electronic subscription to SPSSI's flagship journal, the Journal of Social Issues (JSI)
- Free electronic subscription to the journal, Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy (ASAP)
- Free electronic subscription to SPSSI's journal, Social Issues and Policy Review (SIPR)
- Subscription to SPSSI newsletters
- Discounts on SPSSI conference registration
- Voting privileges for SPSSI's annual elections
- 25% discount on SPSSI books and other books published by Wiley
- Eligibility to apply for grants, fellowships, and awards
- Access to our membership directory
SPSSI Membership categories include:
- Member (sliding scale dues: $40, $50, $75 or $100 per year),
- Student Member ($25 per year for graduate and undergraduate students),
- Sustaining Member (one-time, lifetime dues $1500),
- Lifetime Member (age 65 and over AND SPSSI member for 20 years or more, no further dues billing)
Reduced-rate dues for hardship or other reasons are considered on a case by case basis. For more information, please contact SPSSI Central Office at 202-675-6956 or e-mail email@example.com
SPSSI accepts online payments via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and PayPal. Complete the following online forms to:
If you prefer to pay by check, you may print out the appropriate forms and send a check for payment to SPSSI, 700 7th Street SE Washington, DC 20003. Checks must be made payable to SPSSI and be in US dollars. We cannot accept international checks.
Printable Membership Form
Questions about membership? Call 202-675-6956 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org