Graduate Student Travel Award for the
2023 SPSSI Annual Conference
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) Graduate Student Committee is pleased to announce the 2022 Graduate Student Travel Award Competition. Up to 10 expense reimbursements, in the amount of $500.00, will be awarded to graduate students for travel to the SPSSI conference in Denver, Colorado, June 25 - 27, 2023. Travel awards will cover all conference-related expenses up to a maximum of $500, including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Award payments will be made only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses. Applicants must submit all of their receipts and tax and expense forms to SPSSI Central Office for reimbursement.
- The applicant must be a dues-current graduate student SPSSI member. Applicants may join or renew at the time they submit their application.
- The applicant must be presenting at the 2023 Conference. First or sole author on an accepted poster/symposium/round-table will be given priority. Applicants remain eligible to apply if notification of acceptance to the program is pending.
- The applicant must be a graduate student currently enrolled in a relevant Master’s or PhD program.
- The applicant must attend the 2023 SPSSI convention to receive the award.
Decision Process and Notification: Applications will be blind reviewed by a team of peer reviewers led by the 2023 Graduate Student Committee. Decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference abstract and a compelling case for the professional benefits of participating. Priority will be given to first or sole authors. Winners will be notified by e-mail as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Conference Travel Funding Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2023 Conference Travel Funding Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2023 SPSSI Conference Travel Funding Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: April 16, 2023
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, travel funding recipients must accept or decline their award within one week following notification.
Questions about conference travel funding programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.