International Conference Fee Waiver Program
In order to encourage participation and to facilitate attendance of international members and students at annual SPSSI conventions, we now sponsor an expanded number of International Conference Fee Waivers!
To be eligible for a travel award, an applicant must:
- either (a) be enrolled in a PhD program or (b) be a member of a college or university faculty in psychology or a related social science discipline.
- be a resident of a country outside of North America.
- be a dues-current SPSSI member. Applicants may join at the time they submit their international conference waiver application.
- within the conference fee waiver form, submit a brief statement (500 words or less) explaining how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the goals of the conference program.
Applicants are not required to present research at the conference.
Exclusions: Although you may apply for multiple conference fee waivers at once, winners of other SPSSI conference fee waivers are not eligible for concurrent International Conference Fee Waivers.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Conference Fee Waiver Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2021 Conference Fee Waiver Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2021 SPSSI Conference Fee Waiver Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: June 15, 2021
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, waiver recipients must accept or decline their award within 72 hours following notification.
Questions about conference fee waiver programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.