International Travel Awards for the 2023 SPSSI Annual Conference
June 25 - 27, 2023
In order to encourage participation and to facilitate attendance of international members and students at annual SPSSI conventions, we sponsor a limited number of International Travel Awards. Although we have declined to specify a maximum award amount in advance (and we encourage applicants to make a reasonable estimate of what they need), we anticipate that most awards will be less than $750.
To be eligible for a travel award, an applicant must:
- either (a) be enrolled in a PhD program or (b) be a member of a college or university faculty in psychology or a related social science discipline.
- be a resident of a country outside of North America.
- be a dues-current SPSSI member. Applicants may join at the time they submit their international travel application.
- submit a brief statement (no longer than two double-spaced pages) explaining how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the goals of the conference program.
- submit an itemized budget indicating estimated costs (e.g., airfare, lodging, registration, etc.)
Applicants are not required to present research at the conference.
Exclusions: Although you may apply for multiple travel awards at once, winners of other SPSSI travel awards are not eligible for concurrent International Travel Awards.
Award Presentation: Awardees must attend the SPSSI conference in order to receive the award. Awardees may use funds to cover all approved conference-related expenses up to the award amount, including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Payment of awards will be only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses with original receipts and tax form completion. There are no exceptions to this policy.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Conference Travel Funding Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2023 Conference Travel Funding Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2023 SPSSI Conference Travel Funding Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: April 16, 2023
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, funding recipients must accept or decline their award within 72 hours following notification.
Questions about conference travel funding programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.