International Travel Awards for 2019 SPSSI Annual Conference
San Diego, CA, USA
June 21 - 23, 2019
In order to encourage participation and to facilitate attendance of international members and students at annual SPSSI conventions, we sponsor a limited number of International Travel Awards. Although we have declined to specify a maximum award amount in advance (and we encourage applicants to make a reasonable estimate of what they need), we anticipate that most awards will be less than $750.
To be eligible for a travel award, an applicant must:
- either (a) be enrolled in a PhD program or (b) be a member of a college or university faculty in psychology or a related social science discipline.
- be a resident of a country outside of North America.
- be a dues-current SPSSI member. Applicants may join at the time they submit their international travel application.
- submit a brief statement (no longer than two double-spaced pages) explaining how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the goals of the conference program.
- submit an itemized budget indicating estimated costs (e.g., airfare, lodging, registration, etc.)
Applicants are not required to present research at the conference.
Exclusions: Although you may apply for multiple travel awards at once, winners of other SPSSI travel awards are not eligible for concurrent International Travel Awards.
Award Presentation: Awardees must attend the SPSSI conference in order to receive the award. Awardees may use funds to cover all approved conference-related expenses up to the award amount, including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Payment of awards will be only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses with original receipts and tax form completion. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for 2019 International Travel Awards is March 31, 2019. Email application materials in a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “International Travel Award.”
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline. Award winners must accept or decline their award ASAP following notification.