2021 Undergraduate Conference Fee Waiver Program
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is pleased to announce the newly expanded 2021 Undergraduate Conference Registration Fee Waiver Program. Up to 15 undergraduate student conference registration waivers will be given for registration to the 2021 SPSSI Virtual Conference.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in psychology or related discipline. Postbaccaluareate students are also eligible to apply provided they are currently working in research laboratory or closely with a faculty member on a research project with plans to enter graduate school.
- Preference may be given to a member of an underrepresented group (these groups are defined as ethnic and racial minorities; first-generation college students; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered students; and students with a physical disability). Given that SPSSI is an international organization, applications from international students from underrepresented groups will be considered; applicants should explain how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the mission of SPSSI and how they will benefit from attendance.
- It is not required that applicants present research at the conference.
NOTE: SPSSI Membership is not required to apply for an Undergraduate Conference Waiver.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Conference Fee Waiver Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2021 Conference Fee Waiver Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2021 SPSSI Conference Fee Waiver Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: June 15, 2021
Questions about conference fee waiver programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.
Decision Notification: SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions as soon as possible via email.
Registration Award winners must accept or decline their award within one week of notification.