Undergraduate Conference Registration Travel Funding Program
for the 2023 SPSSI Annual Conference
June 25 - 27, 2023
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is pleased to announce the 2023 Undergraduate Conference Travel Funding Program. Up to five undergraduate student conference registration waivers will be awarded for registration to the SPSSI convention in Denver, Colorado, June 25-27, 2023.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in psychology or related discipline. Postbaccaluareate students are also eligible to apply provided they are currently working in research laboratory or closely with a faculty member on a research project with plans to enter graduate school.
- Preference may be given to a member of an underrepresented group (these groups are defined as ethnic and racial minorities; first-generation college students; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered students; and students with a physical disability). Given that SPSSI is an international organization, applications from international students from underrepresented groups will be considered; applicants should explain how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the mission of SPSSI and how they will benefit from attendance.
- It is not required that applicants present research at the convention.
NOTE: SPSSI Membership is not required to apply for an Undergraduate Conference Travel Funding.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Conference Travel Funding Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2023 Conference Travel Funding Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2023 SPSSI Conference Travel Funding Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: April 16, 2023
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, travel funding recipients must accept or decline their award within 72 hours following notification.
Questions about conference travel funding programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.
Award winners must accept or decline their award within 72 hours following notification.