2020 Undergraduate Conference Fee Waiver Program
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is pleased to announce the 2020 Undergraduate Conference Registration Fee Waiver Program. Up to five undergraduate student conference registration waivers will be given for registration to the SPSSI convention in Denver, CO June 26 - 28, 2020.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in psychology or related discipline. Postbaccaluareate students are also eligible to apply provided they are currently working in research laboratory or closely with a faculty member on a research project with plans to enter graduate school.
- Preference may be given to a member of an underrepresented group (these groups are defined as ethnic and racial minorities; first-generation college students; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered students; and students with a physical disability). Given that SPSSI is an international organization, applications from international students from underrepresented groups will be considered; applicants should explain how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the mission of SPSSI and how they will benefit from attendance.
- It is not required that applicants present research at the convention.
NOTE: SPSSI Membership is not required to apply for an Undergraduate Registration Award.
Application Procedure and Deadline: To be considered for a registration award, the following material must be submitted by March 31, 2020.
- A completed application. Click here to access application form.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A one-page, double-spaced statement describing your research interests, career goals, and rationale for applying (e.g., how you would benefit from the award). Please limit your responses to 300 words.
Decision Notification: SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions as soon as possible via email.
Registration Award winners must accept or decline their award within one week of notification.