SPSSI Early Career Scholars Travel Awards for 2020 SPSSI Annual Conference
Denver, CO, USA
June 26 - 28, 2020
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) Early Career Scholars Committee is pleased to announce the 2020 Early Career Scholars Travel Award Competition. Up to 10 expense reimbursements (maximum of $1000 for national and $1500 for international travel) will be awarded to early career scholars (within 10 years of degree attainment) for travel to the SPSSI conference in Denver, CO June 26 - 28, 2020. Travel awards will cover all conference-related expenses including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Award payments will be made only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses. Applicants must submit all of their receipts and expense forms to SPSSI Central Office for reimbursement.
- The applicant must be a dues-current SPSSI member. Applicants may join or renew at the time they submit their application.
- The applicant must be presenting at the 2020 Conference. First or sole author on an accepted poster/symposium/round-table will be given priority. Applicants remain eligible to apply if notification of acceptance to the program is pending.
- The applicant must not have yet received an Early Career Scholars Travel Award.
- The applicant must be within 10 years of obtaining a relevant Master's or PhD degree.
- The applicant must attend the 2020 SPSSI convention to receive the award.
Application Procedure: To be considered for a travel award, the following form must be submitted in a single WORD DOCUMENT named "[Your first name]_[your last name]_ECS Travel Award" via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ECS Travel Award."
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Decision Process and Notification: Applications will be reviewed by a committee. Award winners must accept or decline their award within one week of notification. After this time, the funds will be offered to another applicant.