Early Career Travel Awards for the 2024 SPSSI Annual Conference
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) Early Career Scholars Committee is pleased to announce its annual Early Career Scholars Travel Award Competition. Up to 10 expense reimbursements (maximum of $1000 for national and $1500 for international travel) will be awarded to early career scholars (within 10 years of degree attainment) for travel to the upcoming SPSSI conference. Travel awards will cover all conference-related expenses including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Award payments will be made only in the form of post-conference reimbursement for documented expenses. Applicants must submit all of their receipts and expense forms to SPSSI Central Office for reimbursement.
- The applicant must be a dues-current SPSSI member. Applicants may join or renew at the time they submit their application.
- The applicant must be presenting at the 2024 Conference. First or sole author on an accepted poster/symposium/round-table will be given priority. Applicants remain eligible to apply if notification of acceptance to the program is pending.
- The applicant must not have yet received an Early Career Scholars Travel Award.
- The applicant must be within 10 years of obtaining a relevant Master's or PhD degree.
- The applicant must attend the annual SPSSI conference to receive the award.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Conference Travel Funding Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2024 Travel Funding Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2024 SPSSI Conference Travel Funding Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: April 15, 2024
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, travel funding recipients must accept or decline their award within one week following notification.
Questions about conference travel funding programs? Contact SPSSI's Manager of Programs and Operations, Justin Belsley.