Diversity Graduate Student
Conference Fee Waiver Program
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is pleased to announce our expanded Diversity Graduate Student Conference Fee Waiver Program. We have nearly doubled the recipients from our past conference awards programs.
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a related Master’s or Ph.D. program.
2. Applicant must be a member of an underrepresented group (these groups are defined as ethnic and racial minorities; first-generation college students; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered students; and students with a physical disability). Given that SPSSI is an international organization, applications from international students from underrepresented groups will be considered; within the conference fee waiver form, applicants should explain how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the goals of their program.
3. Applicants must be a dues paying SPSSI member. If an individual is not already a member, he or she may join or renew when submitting their application.
4. Applicants must intend to attend the 2021 SPSSI conference to receive the waiver. It is not required that applicants present research at the convention.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Conference Fee Waiver Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2021 Conference Fee Waiver Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2021 SPSSI Conference Fee Waiver Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Questions about conference fee waiver programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.
Deadline: June 15, 2021
An appointed committee will conduct the selection process and SPSSI will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email. Award winners must accept or decline their award within one week of notification. Exclusions:
Eligible applicants may apply to more than one conference fee waiver program from SPSSI. However, no individual will receive more than one type fee waiver.
Questions about conference fee waiver programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley