Diversity Graduate Student Travel Awards
for the 2023 SPSSI Annual Conference
June 25 - 27, 2023
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is pleased to announce our Graduate Student Diversity Travel Award Competition. Up to 15 expense reimbursements, in the amount of $500.00, will be awarded to underrepresented graduate students for travel to the SPSSI conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 24 - 26, 2022.
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a related Master’s or Ph.D. program.
2. Applicant must be a member of an underrepresented group (these groups are defined as ethnic and racial minorities; first-generation college students; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and LGBTQ+ students; and students with a physical disability). Given that SPSSI is an international organization, applications from international students from underrepresented groups will be considered; applicants should explain how their participation at the conference would be consistent with the goals of their program.
3. Applicants must be a dues paying SPSSI member. If an individual is not already a member, he or she may join or renew when submitting their application.
4. Applicants must attend the 2022 SPSSI conference to receive the award. It is not required that applicants present research at the convention.
Travel awards will cover all conference-related expenses up to a maximum of $500, including transportation, lodging, food, and conference registration. Award payments will be made only in the form of post-expense reimbursement upon submission to central office of all receipts, and tax and expense form completion.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Conference Travel Funding Programs you must apply, in one step, for all SPSSI 2023 Conference Travel Funding Programs for which you are eligible with the following form:
2023 SPSSI Conference Travel Funding Form
- Only submit this form once to apply for all waivers for which you are eligible.
- You will be emailed a copy of your responses, which are also editable.
- The Google Chrome browser is highly recommended.
- If needed, use the back button within the survey at the bottom of the survey page toward the left and your work will be retained.
- Beware! Using the browser back button will start the form over and your work will be erased.
Deadline: April 16, 2023
SPSSI will notify all applicants of the award decisions via email as soon as possible following the deadline.
Once notified, travel funding recipients must accept or decline their award within one week following notification.
Questions about travel funding programs? Contact SPSSI's Administrative Manager, Justin Belsley.