The SPSSI-EASP Partnership
Each year, SPSSI partners with the European Association for Social Psychology (EASP) to sponsor a scholarly conference, held alternately in a European and a North American venue. SPSSI and EASP regularly invite proposals for future conferences.
- The deadline to submit proposals for future conferences was August 1, 2021, for conferences to be held in 2022 in North America.
- The 2021 conference on "Society in the classroom: Integrating perspectives on how educational settings can reproduce socioeconomic disparities" will be organized by Jennifer Sheehy-Skeffington and Sébastien Goudeau. This conference will be held at the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK in July 2021.
- The 2019 conference on "Self-affirmation Within Education: Exploring Why, When, and How Self-Affirmation Interventions are Effective at Reducing Educational Inequalities" was organized by Matthew J. Easterbrook, David Sherman and Peter Harris. This conference was held at the University of Sussex, UK June 27-28, 2019.
- The 2018 conference on "Mapping Space/Place and Psychology" was organized by Jessica Salvatore and Thomas Morton. This conference was held in Pittsburgh USA in June 2018.
- The 2017 conference on "To be Both (and More): Immigration and Identity Multiplicity" was organized by Fenella Fleischmann, Kay Deaux, Maykel Verkuyten and Shaun Wiley. This conference was held at Utrecht University, Netherlands in September 2017.
- The 2016 conference on "Understanding Hate Crime: Multi-Disciplinary Analyses" was organized by Rupert Brown (Sussex University), Blair T. Johnson (University of Connecticut) and Mark Walters (Sussex University). This conference was held at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT (USA) in June 2016.
- The 2015 conference was organized by Colette Van Laar and Toni Schmader on "Times are a-Changing but Men's Roles are Slow to Change: Developing a Research Agenda on the Underrepresentation of Men in Communal Roles." This Conference will be held in November, 2015 in Leuven, Belgium.
- The 2014 conference was organized by Susan Fiske and Miguel Moyaon on "The Great Recession and Social Class Divides". This conference was held in September 2014 in Princeton, NJ, USA.
- The 2012 conference was organized by Todd Pittinsky, Birte Siem and Stefan Sturmer on "Proactive Behaviour across Group Boundaries: Seeking and Maintaining Positive Interactions with Outgroup Members". This conference was held in November 2012 in Stony Brook, USA.
- The 2011 conference was organized by Travis Proulx and Kees van de Bos on "Meaning and Existential Psychology". This conference was held in Tilburg, the Netherlands in November, 2011.
- The 2010 conference was organized by Michelle Fine, Susan Opotow, Xenia Chryssochoou and Dario Spini, on "Forgotten Alternatives: Denaturalizing Injustice and Exclusion". This conference was held in New York in March 2010.
- The 2009 conference on "Uncertainty and Extremism"was organized by Michael Hogg, Kees van den Bos and Arie Kruglanski, and held at Claremont Graduate University in California in November 2009.
- The 2008 joint SPSSI/EAESP conference was held in Marburg, Germany. The conference theme was "Intergroup Contact: Recent Advancements in Basic and Applied Research".
- The 2007 Conference was held in Toronto.